This is one of the simple salads that can be literaly made using eight ingredients whenever you are running out of time. Yes, you heard it right, only eight ingredients other than salt, pepper and ghee.
Simple chicken salad for keto diet
2 bone less chicken breasts, skin on (285 g)
6 thin cut slices bacon or 3 regular slices (90g)
1 large avocado, sliced (200g)
4 cups of mixed leafy greens of choice (120g)
4 tbsp Olive oil/ghee/duck fat
salt and peper to taste
– Marinate the chicken breasts with salt and pepper from all sides. Place them on the hot pan, skin side down
– Cook the chicken until golden brown for 5 – 6 minutes, flip the chicken for 30 seconds
– Repeat the process for 10 – 15 minutes
– Put the bacon beside the chicken after applying olive oil and salt to it on the same hot pan
– Wait until the bacon is crispy and golden brown
– Once its cooked, transfer to cutting board. When chicken is cooled, slice it along with avocado.
– Assemble the salad : start with the leafy greens and then add avocado, crispy bacon and sliced chicken
– If required add some salad dressing of your choice
How to serve?
This salad is best served immediately. But you can keep some cooked chicken, crisped up acon in the refrigerator and reheat or simply use cold.
Per serving, you will have net carbs of 3.1g, protein 38.7g, fat of 43.8g and energy of 581kcal
Some keto admirers do think that chicken should be avoided in keto diet as the broiler chicken is mostly corn fed. As the experts say its portion that matters the most. Also, what can you do if you don’t have anything else available.