In an LCHF – KETO Diet, salad is an important component. This is because you will get your required fat from meat, egg, fish and butter which you are consuming. But you need to depend on green leafy vegetables and fruits for cyour vitamins and minerals. Salad removes that problem by adding enough vitamins and minerals to your diet. But remember you are only allowed to take 250 – 300 gms of vegetables/person/day in the lchf-keto diet. In this article we will see a variety of salads which you can eat in a LCHF – KETO Diet. Please note that most of the components in these salads are more or less the same, only dressings differ.
Variety Salads for LCHF – KETO Diet
Vegetables you can use for salads
Pink Cabbage, Iceberg Lettuce, Red and Green Ball peppers, Green Chilly, Parsley leaves, Spring Onion, Onion (max 3 tsps), Celery, Leek, Cucumber, Tomato (2/person/day)
Fruits – Avocado, berries (minimise blue berries) and lemon
Oils you can use – Coconut Oil or Olive oil
Milk Products – Full fat Curd, Full fat greek Yoghurt, Cheese and Cheddhar
Olive oil salad
- Mix all available keto vegetables sliced into a bowl, add 3 teaspoons of olive oil, add green chilly/pepper along with required amount of salt. Your olive oil salad is ready to serve
- Take full fat curd for this salad
- Mix all available keto vegetables sliced into a bowl, add 2 tsps of full fat curd along with required amount of pepper and salt. Your curd salad is ready to serve.
Avocado with Egg salad
- Cut Avocado into small pieces after peeling of the skin and removing egg
- In keto diet, 1 avocado is allowed per person
- Make 4 slices of an egg, add cut portions of avocado along with slices of cucumber. Your Avocado with Egg salad is ready to serve.
Feta Cheese Salad
- Feta cheese is mainly available in middle east with the option of salted and unsalted. In other countries, you can use Cheddhar or similar cheese. You need to make sure no preservatives or sugar is added to them. It should be full fat as well.
- Shred the cheese you have into a bowl, add lemon juice and pinch of pepper. Add salt to taste.
- Mix your dressing along with the available keto vegetables. Your Feta Cheese salad is ready to serve.
Avocado Salad Mix
- Slice avocado into small pieces, mix it with the available keto vegetables, add lemon juice to it. Mix everything along with salt and pepper for taste.
Tuna Mayo Salad
- Fry fresh or tinned tuna in olive or coconut oil. Break into small pieces
- Add some salt and lime to pre prepared olive oil myonnaise.
- Mix scrambled tuna, available keto vegetables and olive oil myonnaise. Add pepper as per taste.
- Add oil used for frying tuna fish for better taste.
Tomato Chutney Salad
- Deep fry a tomato on small flame so that its skin can be peeled off. Do the same with 4 shallots as well
- Peel the skin off the tomato and shallots after it has become cold
- Slice everything into small pieces, add some green chilly and coconut oil
- Crush everything using a mixer
- Take the sliced keto vegetables in a bowl, add chutney and mix it. Your Tomato Chutney Salad is ready to use.
Avocado – Mayo – Egg Salad
- Take one Avocado and Egg sliced into small pieces.
- Make some coconut Myonnaise
- Take the available keto vegetables – sliced in a bowl, mix every thing.
- Add peper and salt to taste. Your Avocado – Mayo – Egg Salad is ready to serve.
Greek Yoghurt Salad
- Use only plain full fat Greek Yoghurt for this salad. Greek Yoghurt is usually less sour than the traditional curd.
- Add two tsps of Greek Yoghurt to the sliced available keto vegetables in a bowl. Add pepper and salt to taste. Your Greek Yoghurt Salad is ready to serve.
Creamy Avocado Salad
- Make your creamy dressing my mixing avocado, pepper, salt, lemon juice and yoghurt in a mixer.
- Take available keto veggies, mix with your creamy dressing. Your creamy avocado salad is ready to serve.